Sunday, December 7, 2014

Baking with Faith

Today I have spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen doing some baking.  I made a turkey breast pot pie for us for dinner.  It turned out very well.  

After that, I started putting together sugar cookie dough.  This recipe is one of my favorites for sugar cookies.  It has sour cream, so they have a soft tangy taste.

I miss Faith a lot today, but I know as I am baking and enjoying the holiday spirit, she is with me.

Yesterday, I baked some chocolate chip cookies and also made some lemon squares.  They were both delicious.  We have been putting up Christmas lights and playing games.  It has been nice to relax and get into the Christmas spirit since we returned from Buenos Aires.  

Right now we have the door and a couple windows open and it is wonderful weather.  As the breeze is blowing in the trees, I feel Faith with me.  I miss her and will always miss her, a part of me is gone. I know that while a part of me is gone, a part of her lives in my heart always.

I love you Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting me. I will get back to you soon.