Friday, August 1, 2014

An Empty Chair

As I walk through the house, I look at the table and chairs and can't help but think that there will forever be an empty chair at this table.  No matter what family visits or if we are blessed to have a sibling for Faith, her chair will remain empty.


I am reminded again of the article I recently read regarding cells from babies being found in the brain/body of their mother.  This gives me a better understanding of true love.  What I mean by this is that there is truly a piece of me that is gone.

A common saying "I miss you", when translated into French, means "You are Missing From Me".  I don't think there is a better way to express the love and feeling of missing that I have for Faith.  She is missing from me.

I daily draw strength from The Lord, as I must move forward.  Note that I did not, nor will I ever say "move on".  There is no moving on from losing a child.  Faith will continue to be a part of my life and my heart until I see her again.

I know that I will move forward in this life as long as I am here, but know this, in my home, there will always be...an empty chair...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting me. I will get back to you soon.