Wednesday, August 6, 2014

...Fonder...

I've come across so many posts of pictures and sayings regarding grief since Faith went to Heaven.  Most of them have been very helpful to me in some way.  Reading of others experiences seems to help me as well.  I came across this saying today and it struck a cord with me.

“Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.”   ― François La Rochefoucauld"

This saying reminded me of the quote "Absence makes the heart grow fonder".  I have experienced this feeling and continue to every day with family and friends who live in other states.

I know that as each day passes in my life I will love Faith more and more, as absence indeed increases great loves and makes the heart grow fonder.  In that sense, Faith is teaching me how to love more and better.  She is also teaching me not to take anyone I love for granted, as they can be gone at any moment.

My love for Faith will continue to grow as the days and years go by.  I know that as I continue to ponder these two sayings over time, that I will keep gaining a better knowledge of what they mean...yet another lesson taught to me by my beautiful daughter, Faith Melody.

ABSENCE MAKES THE HEART GROW FONDER

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting me. I will get back to you soon.