Saturday, July 19, 2014

How Common

I am blown away by how many people experience the loss of a child daily.  I had NO idea.  I'll be honest, it's not something that I'd ever thought of before I personally experienced it in my own life.  Just think of the things that need to line up for a woman to get pregnant, then add on top of that the huge list of things that can go wrong after that.  There are so many things that happen, some we know about and can prevent or lessen the likelihood of these issues.

Sometimes, there is no explanation for the loss of a child.  I understand what happened to my body that caused the loss of my baby girl.  I can't imagine losing a child and not having an explanation.  I believe as humans, we are made to need some sort of closure.

The movie Return to Zero made it's Lifetime debut one month and two days after Faith went to Heaven.  I am SO thankful for all of the people involved in making this movie.  It is a very difficult movie to watch.  However, it is good to watch for healing.  Minnie Driver expresses the emotions that one goes through in losing a child, extremely well.

If you know someone who has lost a child, ask them about their child.  Don't think by not talking about their child that they are not thinking of them.  Believe me, if someone has lost a child, they think about their child every moment of every day.  They most likely WANT you to ask about their child.  I love talking about Faith.  She is my sunshine, my pride and joy.  I want to share her beautiful life with the world.

There are SO may people who have lost their baby or babies.  Ask them about their child.  They will be thrilled to tell you about them.  Ask what you can do to help honor their child.  It will help you and it will help them to know that you are acknowledging the life of their baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting me. I will get back to you soon.