Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Stormy Weather

It has been storming here most of the day today.  I have been inside most of the day after coffee and a walk at a local park (more like a beautiful rain forest/swamp).  Thus far, I feel very accomplished, as I have done some laundry, put away a lot of clothes, and am working on matching and putting away sheets, pillow cases, and blankets.  I've also been setting things aside that we do not need so that we can bless someone else with those items.

As I have been getting some much needed things done in the house today, I am realizing that I am having a pretty good day overall.  I attribute a large part of my good day today to the storms we are having.  I really enjoy the storms here during the summer.  Having lived the last 4 1/2 years in the northwest, thunderstorms are something that I really missed.  Florida thunderstorms are amazing for a lot of reasons...the lightning, the thunder, the loud sound of the torrential rain hitting the roof and windows, etc.  They can be loud, but the sound of the rain is also another thing, very peaceful and comforting.  It is great to fall asleep to the sound of a storm.

As I take a break from housework to reflect and write, I understand a very important thing about life that I am experiencing today.  Although I am in the midst of a very large storm, God is giving me comfort and peace, that only He can.  While I am experiencing the immense pain of losing Faith, He is surrounding me with His love and guarding me from this storm.  I don't believe that you ever "get over" losing a child. However, I know that God will continue to give me strength, comfort, and peace, as I face the storms that life can pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting me. I will get back to you soon.