Thursday, July 31, 2014

Phantom Kicks

I had heard about "phantom kicks" when I was pregnant, but didn't really think too much about it then. However, the past few days, I have been experiencing these.

I've read about what scientists say regarding these and how they could be that women are simply more aware of movements in their uterus after pregnancy or that it can take quite a long time for the uterus to fully contract back to "normal" after pregnancy.

The scientific explanation really doesn't matter to much to me.  I feel these every once in awhile lately and they feel exactly like when Faith would kick me.  It is such an amazing feeling, yet, a sad feeling for me at the same time.

Anyone who has experienced these phantom kicks knows what they feel like.  I am sure for those that have their child, these may be a cool experience.

For me, these phantom kicks are sad reminders of my beautiful baby girl, Faith Melody, who is now in Heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting me. I will get back to you soon.