Monday, July 21, 2014

My Journey, My Way

I've had a pretty good day today so far.  I was just thinking about this new journey that I've just begun. When Faith went to Heaven, it created a hole in my heart that will not be healed until I go home as well. While I ache for her every moment of every day, my heart also hurts for others going through the same situation.

As I think of so many other people experiencing this pain, I wonder what their journey is like.  My journey is mine alone and like a hand print or foot print, is unique to me.  I have read of and heard of so many that have lost a child.  My heart goes out to them all, and I know it always will.  I pray that somehow the journey that I am embarking on each day will help someone else that is going through the same.  

Thus far, since Faith left, I have had some pretty depressing days.  But I am starting to realize that as each day comes and goes, this pain I feel in my heart is never going to go away.  However, I also am beginning to realize that my life is continuing.  I have and will still have fun and good times.  

It is interesting to me how fast and strong sad emotions can come over me.  Sometimes I am, at least from the outside, just fine.  I can go to the grocery store and see babies one moment and although it hurts, I am okay.  Then I can go to Wal-Mart and walk by the baby clothes and my heart just simply drops into my stomach and my mind goes straight to the moment I lost Faith.

I know there are so many people going through losing a child.  I pray that as we all go through the journey we are faced with, we can share our children with the world and help each other as much as possible.  Please always keep in mind, we are all different.  We grieve differently.  We feel differently.  We love differently.  As you go through your journey, remember others that are also grieving the loss of their child/children, their own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting me. I will get back to you soon.