Thursday, October 1, 2015

Capture Your Grief 2015 - Day 1 - Sunrise

 As I begin my Capture Your Grief journey for this year, I am reflecting on life.  But not just any life, the life of our daughter, Faith.  While her life was brief, it has had one of the most profound impacts on my life.

So many people have had a great impact on me and have contributed to the person I am today.  Faith is one of those people, perhaps one of the most important...

I did not see the sun coming up this morning, but could see the effects at approx. 7:17 AM in FL/USA.  I took these pictures in our backyard as the sun was coming up.  

The hibiscus flower that we planted in Faith's honor has grown so much over the past year.  It is a beautiful reminder to me of her beautiful life.  I look at it so much and love watching it grow.  

As I was enjoying the early morning sky I caught this little frog close to our back door.  As I watched him I thought of life and how amazing it is.  God has given us so much to be thankful for.  As I reflect on the "sunrise" or beginning of Faith's life, I remember being so in love with her and thrilled that I was pregnant.  She is a constant reminder to me of how brief life on this earth is and that we truly need to walk in the fruit of the Spirit each day that we are blessed with while we are here.  Love one another.  Life is too short to do anything else. 

As the sun "rises" on this project, I reflect back to the beginning and am thankful that God gave me the opportunity to carry Faith.  She made me a mother.  She will always be my baby girl and though I cannot yet hold her in my arms, I will always hold her in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting me. I will get back to you soon.