Sunday, October 18, 2015

Capture Your Grief - Day 18 - Seasons + Symbols

Seasons + Symbols, that is today's Capture Your Grief topic.  Thanksgiving and the holiday season will always remind me of Faith.  We found out I was pregnant with her the day before Thanksgiving, 2013.  That Christmas Owen gave me some stuffed animals for her and also a bracelet with a baby carriage charm.  I will forever hold these times in my heart with Faith.  I was in love with her from the moment I saw the positive pregnancy test.

I do not dread the holiday seasons, but I suppose there is something inside me that has a bit of sadness as that time of year approaches.  I have always loved Christmas, and will continue to, but there will always be a bitter-sweetness associated with the holiday season for me now.

I think of Faith when I see a cross or a star or when I see her name...all of which of course I see during the holiday season.

This picture was taken on a ferry during the Thanksgiving season of 2013 in the Seattle area.  We were traveling to see a show from our home into Seattle.  It is so beautiful.  I think of Faith a LOT when I see nature.  I somehow feel closer to her especially around water.  I guess I think of how awesome God is when I am around the sea or ocean and that just makes me think of Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting me. I will get back to you soon.