Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Capture Your Grief - Day 7 - Memory

Today's Capture Your Grief topic is Memory.  I have so many wonderful memories of Faith that I could share; finding out that I was pregnant with her, seeing her first ultrasound, hearing her heartbeat for the first time, feeling her move for the first time, talking to her, singing to her...

However, today, I have decided to share a little more of a private memory that I have with Faith; one of the most cherished memories I have, spending time with her in the hospital the day she was born into Heaven.

I'll never forget holding my beautiful baby Faith and telling her how sorry I was.  I gave her the only bath she would ever receive and dressed her in the only outfit & diaper she would ever wear (tears streaming down my cheeks now...).  I am so glad that I was able to spend this time with her and able to do those things.  I also helped the nurse get her hand and foot prints.

At first it seemed strange to be asked it I wanted to bathe my daughter, but in retrospect, I am SO VERY glad I did.  It was the only chance I had and I feel for those who didn't get that chance or didn't take it and later wish they had.

All these things that happened the day Faith was born into Heaven combine into one "Memory" of her for me.  She forever lives in my heart and I am honored to be her Mommy.  I look back at this moment in time and remember her.  I truly believe this memory will be one of my most devastating and somehow also one of my most wonderful memories.  

I love you and miss you so much Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting me. I will get back to you soon.