Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Capture Your Grief - Day 14 - Express Your Heart

Express Your Heart...that is today's Capture Your Grief topic.  I was doing some other work and what I am going to blog about came to me.  

I am reaching out to others who have just recently lost a child.  First and foremost, you have my most sincere sorrow for your loss.  But I am now going to express my heart to you in the most loving way possible...

...I know that right now you are going through hell and you do not feel as though you will be able to go on.  You may not even want to live.  I know.  I was there and felt precisely that way.  In the days right after we lost Faith, I didn't even want to get out of bed.  Some days it was all I could do to get enough energy or drive to shower.  I simply did not want to go on.

But guess what, I did go on.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE hear me...I did not say, nor will I ever say "I moved on".  I will never "move on", "get over it", etc...I do not believe those things are even possible when you lose a child.  

After the shock wears off and you realize what has happened and what you have been through, you also begin to realize that life does go on.  Even though your world, in a way, has ended, it does go on.  I pray you are blessed with supportive family and friends, as I am, who will be there for you whenever you need them.  This has been such a blessing to me, as I continue to go through my grief.  Another thing you realize after the initial shock wears off, is that you are not the only one effected by the loss of your child.  Your entire family has experienced a loss of a grandchild, niece, nephew, sister, brother, cousin, etc...

I know, it is difficult to take all of this in, but please know that others have gone through this and came out on the other side.  There are brighter days.  The darkness will lift, the sun will shine again, and you will be happy again...in time.  My heart hurts every day for Faith, but it also loves her beyond measure.  The pain is, and will always be in my heart, but the love grows daily.

If you are experiencing a recent loss of a child, please feel free to reach out to me or others who've experienced similar.  We are unfortunately all part of a "family" of sorts and we are here to support each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting me. I will get back to you soon.