Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Capture Your Grief - Day 13 - Regrets + Triggers

Today's Capture Your Grief topic is Regrets + Triggers.  I don't know of any regrets that I have as far as my grief journey.  

The one major regret that I do have, however, is that I did not insist on having some of Faith's hair cut off for us to keep.  When I asked the nurse, she responded that babies at that gestation don't really have very much hair.  Of course, I didn't go beyond that at the time.  Although, I truly wish I would have insisted and asked for scissors to do it myself.

As far as triggers go, what isn't a trigger?  Looking at my husband and living daughter are triggers.  Seeing other baby girls or young girls is a trigger.  

The Thanksgiving season/holiday will always remind me of Faith.  We found out I was pregnant the day before Thanksgiving and it was so very special.  I don't think I will ever forget how happy I was when I took the test and saw that it was positive.  This picture of me was taken over Thanksgiving after we found out.  I love how happy I am in this picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting me. I will get back to you soon.