Saturday, October 10, 2015

Capture Your Grief - Day 10 - Words

Words are the topic of today's Capture Your Grief project.  There are no words to express how much I love and miss Faith.  As soon as I read the topic for today, I immediately knew how I would do my blog post for today.  I haven't written in my Faith journal since her birthday and this gave me the perfect opportunity to do so.  I will be writing more often to her and will also be writing in a matching journal that I have for Joy.

I wrote to Faith in our journal and told her how much I love and miss her.  I also told her about her sister and how she is doing.  Writing in this Faith journal has been a great healing tool for me and has given me a new creative outlet as well.

While I know I can never really truly express in words what I feel for Faith, writing is a great way to at least begin to get my feelings out for her.  My Faith journal is a place I feel like we come to meet when I write.

So today, I urge you to write something down...your thoughts for the day, an idea you have, a note to a friend, a to do list, anything at all...expressing your thoughts using words is very helpful in many ways.  If you are going through a grief journey, like myself, or if you are simply planning your day.  God gave us words to use in a positive way.  Words are very powerful.  I challenge you today to write something down that has special meaning to you, as I did to Faith in our journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting me. I will get back to you soon.