Thursday, October 30, 2014

Capture Your Grief - Day 30 - Intention

I am glad that INTENTION is today's Capture Your Grief prompt.  I have a lot of new intentions in life now that Faith has gone to Heaven.  One is simply living life to the fullest and loving people as much as I can.

But when I get down to the nitty gritty of what my intentions are now in life, I know that the truth is that my intention now is to educate people about stillbirth and infant loss, specifically due to IC, and to change how our medical field works and studies regarding the matter.

Today, for some reason, I thought of some of the lines from Legally Blonde 2, where Elle is talking about the fabric for her wedding dress.  She basically says that if the fabric doesn't work for you, don't work with it; change it.

That is my INTENTION -- to CHANGE the education and the rules by which our medical system works in the area surrounding stillbirth.  I want the world to know that even though this cannot always be prevented, there certainly are ways and times that it can.  There are also many things that can be done preventatively that I believe can save many lives...now...to begin my work in studying the information that is out there and beginning to speak out to the right people about getting started in getting some of these things changed...

I intend to change education and the rules our medical system uses to prevent more stillbirths in honor of our precious daughter, Faith Melody Bryant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting me. I will get back to you soon.