Thursday, October 9, 2014

Capture Your Grief - Day 9 - In Memory


In Memory is today's Capture Your Grief  prompt.  There are so many things that I have and have done in Faith's memory since she went to Heaven.  Since I don't have time to discuss them all, nor do you want to hear about each one, I'll focus on a few of them.

I've started this blog in honor of Faith in hopes of helping myself as well as others going through similar grief.  It has helped me a lot.  I have also started writing in the journal that my husband and I purchased during my pregnancy.  I feel closer to Faith when I write and draw in what I now fondly refer to as "Our Journal".

I now collect "Faith" jewelry.  I think I always will.  The silver necklace you see in the picture that says Faith is one that I got before we found out that we were having a girl.  We both just knew.  I wore it all the time, and was wearing it when Faith was born.  Needless to say that it is one of the most precious necklaces I own and I will cherish it for years to come.  I am also planning to make some Faith jewelry soon, since I have now started doing some bead work.

I have also made the two bracelets you see in this picture: one that has Faith's heartbeat, the other that has her footprints as well as her birth length, weight, time, and date.

Creating these bracelets has brought me comfort as well as given me a wonderful creative outlet that I did not have before.  I plan to create similar pendants and earrings soon.  

Soon after Faith's passing, I realized that I wanted to create items for people going through this loss that would be long-lasting, highly sentimental, and yet still very affordable.  So, in Faith's honor and in her memory, I have created Faith Melody Memories.  When anyone purchases that has lost a child, part of the purchase will be donated to the church camp that I grew up going to every summer, so that children that cannot afford to go can still have the opportunity.  I will be creating many different items for different occasions, keepsakes, and the like, but the basis for my company will always be sharing Faith's love with others.  You can see my items here: Faith Melody Memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting me. I will get back to you soon.