Saturday, October 18, 2014

Capture Your Grief - Day 18 - Gratitude

Gratitude is today's Capture Your Grief prompt. I am glad this is one of the topics for the project. It really hits home for me.  While I have gone through so many emotions after losing Faith, one that has actually surprised me is a feeling a gratitude. 

While there are a lot of things I am grateful for, I will focus this post on a few of them, for the sake of time.

First, I am grateful to be alive on this earth. While I am sure I felt this gratitude before, there is something about being told you would have died if you weren't in the hospital, that makes you pretty thankful that you are alive.

I am also thankful for my wonderful husband, family, and friends.  I would not be where I am today if it were not for all of them.  So many people have supported and loved us through our loss and I thank God for all of them.  

I now have so much gratitude for the "little" things in life.  This morning, I saw the sun coming up from one of our favorite parks and took a few pictures.  At that moment, I was grateful for the cup of Starbucks in my hand and being able to watch the sunrise from the beautiful park.  

Finally, for time's sake, I will discuss how grateful I am to be Faith's mommy.  No one can take away the time she and I shared as she grew in my womb.  She is mine and I am hers.  Regardless of anything that has happened, I am her mommy.  She will live forever and I wouldn't change that for anything.  I am grateful that we have her hand prints and foot prints.  I am grateful for the time we were able to spend with her at the hospital.  I am grateful that we have a lot of good pictures of her and us from the day she was born.  I am grateful for the pictures we took of all of us at the funeral home.  

Faith is and will forever be my baby girl...for that...I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting me. I will get back to you soon.