Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Capture Your Grief - Day 1 - Sunrise

I have decided to take part in Capture Your Grief created by Carly Marie.  You can see more information about the project here: Capture Your Grief - October 2014.  I think this will give me a great opportunity to explore my grief, as well as share my story and experience with others going through similar grief.  

This project is for the entire month of October.  I am purposing in my heart to use this wonderful opportunity for my daily blog posts.

Day 1 - Sunrise

I was driving this morning when the sun came up here (approx. 7:20 am Eastern Time), so I could not really see the sunrise this morning.  The fact that it was cloudy and rainy did not help the matter either.  But, regardless, I was able to enjoy the beauty of creation and did get to get a nice picture of some brilliant blue sky with some clouds and trees.  

I frequently find myself looking to the clouds more often these days, as I, of course, picture Heaven as beyond the clouds.  I see Faith in the clouds and in all of the beauty of creation now.  For some, this may not make sense, but it makes perfect sense to me.  I see the beauty of the creation we see on earth: clouds, trees, oceans, etc...and realize that we are all creations and should be seen as the beautiful creation that we are.

As I think about looking at nature, in particular, the sunrise/sky, I am reminded that Faith did not get to see a sunrise here or look at the sky. While this saddens me beyond measure, I along with that, also remember Who she saw when she first opened her eyes, and it is There, that I find my Peace.

I will continue to look to the skies until one day I go to be with my daughter again.  Until then, when I see the sunrise, I will smile, close my eyes, take a deep breath and see my baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting me. I will get back to you soon.