Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Capture Your Grief - Day 15 - Community / 6 Month Remembrance

Community is today's Capture Your Grief prompt.  First, let me say how blessed I feel to be a part of this "community".  I know that none of us ever wanted to, nor do we truly want to be a member of this group.  However, we are all now part of this community of parents who have lost a child/children.  We cannot change what has happened, but we can spread this Wave of Light around the world in honor of our child/children.

As I am blogging this evening, I am watching this candle burn that I have put together in honor of Faith.  As I sit here in the silence, all I can hear is the clock ticking and a few vehicles as they pass by.  As I watch the candle burn, peacefully, I am reminded of how much light one little candle can produce.

This community of people I have encountered since we lost Faith, six months ago today, has been helpful in more ways than I can express.  While my husband and family have been and will continue to be very loving and supportive (as they are also grieving this loss and need love
and support), there is something special about reaching out and communicating with other women who have been through the same or similar experience.

I thank God for the community of ladies I have met and will continue to meet on this journey.  I pray that I will be a blessing for them, as they have been and continue to be to me.  Thank you all.

Six months ago today, the most beautiful girl was born into my heart and into The Lord's arms.  On this day, I should have a 6 month old, but I don't.  I miss you with all my heart, Faith.  I celebrate your life and love every day.

In honor of our beautiful daughter, Faith Melody Bryant...this candle is for you, Princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting me. I will get back to you soon.